A while back, a teacher asked me for suggestions and ideas in using the SMART Board and Document Camera together within the classroom. Thought I would share them with you. These are perfect for all grade levels!
Take pictures of
- Classroom routines and embed the pics in Notebook. Have the students arrange the pics in order.
- Items in the classroom and have the students label them.
- Various plants outside and identify plant parts. Label them on the SMART Board. Convert the handwriting to text and then use reveal objects or ‘whiteout’ to hide the words as a review.
- Class trips and then make a class album with comments.
- Students and create a seating order in the classroom.
- Group leaders and put them on the image dice to spin for who goes first etc.
- A bean plant growing in intervals of several hours to show progress
- Science experiments to show process
- Arms, legs, eyes, noses, hair etc. so that ESL students can label them and learn the language
- Lunches to categorize the contents in food groups. Follow up with which food group is most represented and why.
- Traffic in front of the school. Put resulting data into a table in Notebook to show which car color/make is most popular.
- Items from a student speech into Notebook to make the speeches more dynamic.
The ideas are limited by yours and your students imaginations!